It’s time to GET READY for extreme weather events
The Queensland Government is asking businesses to think about how extreme weather could impact your business or life, make a plan to stay safe, and pack supplies so you don’t get caught out. Things you can do to be ready:
- Clean-up – Check around the business and yard and make sure it will hold up against the elements
- Sign-up – Subscribe to mobile weather notifications from the Bureau of Meteorology so you’re informed and can act quickly
- Connect – Know your neighbours and connect with your community
- Get covered – Check your insurance to make sure your business and property can be fixed or replaced if it’s damaged
- Think ahead – pack lifelong food and supplies, drinking water, batteries, and a torch and radio in case the power goes out.
Visit the Get Ready Queensland website for more useful information and tips.