Employment Assistance Fund helping people with disability with employment
The Employment Assistance Fund (EAF) gives financial help to eligible people with disability and mental health conditions and employers to buy work related modifications, equipment, Auslan services and workplace assistance and support services. The EAF is available to eligible people with disability who are about to start a job, are self-employed or who are currently working. It is also available to people with disability who need Auslan assistance or special work equipment to look for and prepare for a job.
The EAF could help to buy work related modifications and services like:
- the cost of making adjustments to your physical workplace
- modifications to work vehicles
- special equipment for the workplace
- information and communication devices
- Auslan interpreting services
- specialist services for employees with specific learning disorders and mental health conditions
- disability awareness training for the workplace (including deafness awareness)
- mental health awareness and first aid training.
If you are a person with disability that meets EAF eligibility you can submit an EAF application with JobAccess Secure. If you need help to submit an application you can also:
- ask a friend, relative or advocate to help you with your application
- work with your employer to submit an application
- ask your DES, Workforce Australia Employment Services or Community Development Program provider to help you submit an online enquiry to JobAccess, or call JobAccess on 1800 464 800 and get a JobAccess Adviser to help you to submit an application.
Your EAF application may take up to 10 working days to assess and refer for assessment. Funding through the EAF is dependent on eligibility requirements being met, workplace assessment outcome and sourcing equipment and modifications from suppliers – this may take some time to finalise. A JobAccess Advisor will be in contact with you to request any further documentation and to help guide you through the application process.
Eligibility requirements apply. Find out more.