Energy and water
Understanding energy in Queensland e-learning course
In partnership with the Queensland Government Department of Energy and Public Works, we have developed a free course right here on our Community Door eTraining platform to help you get more acquainted with the energy market in Queensland, and to better equip you to assist your clients.
Over five modules, the course examines:
- Queensland’s energy supply chain, including who is involved, what they do, and who people can call if they need to talk to someone about their electricity.
- The consumer rights and responsibilities of energy consumers, and what you can do if you need to make a complaint.
- Understanding energy usage unpacks how consumers are charged for energy, how it can be used more efficiently, and how small changes in behaviour can really help people save money.
- Reading and understanding energy bills really digs in to what is on an electricity bill, providing you with the information needed to support clients to read and understand not only their bills, but their energy usage as well; and
- Concessions, payment difficulties and hardship details the schemes and supports available to your clients who may be unable to afford their bills. It also looks at how not paying energy bills can impact a person’s credit rating.
You may also wish to consider embedding this course in staff induction processes at your organisation. Contact the Community Door team for more information.