Webinar: Understanding Contracts – the Legal Basics
Contracts are part of everyday operations for many not-for-profits. It’s important to know what issues to look out for when signing on the dotted line. In this session on Tuesday, 28 November from 12:45pm to 2:00pm (AEDT) Justice Connect will introduce you to the legal basics of contracting and give tips on what to think about when dealing with a contract. Changes to laws will be outlined around unfair contract terms and how they impact not-for-profits.
Talked about at this session:
- Understand what is, and is not, a contract
- Know what to think about before you contract
- Know the key terms to consider
- Understand what the consumer guarantees are and how they apply to not-for-profits
- Understand what the unfair contract term protections are, who is covered, and what the recent changes have been.