Webinar: Privacy Obligations for Not-for-profits
Privacy is a critical risk area facing not-for-profit boards. As the federal government progresses key reforms to the Privacy Act, staff and volunteers need to understand their organisation’s current obligations and prepare for possible changes to come.
Hear an experienced lawyer walk you through the personal information lifecycle, at this Justice Connect webinar on Tuesday, 21 November from 12:45pm to 2:00pm (AEDT). The session will include key obligations in collecting, using and disclosing, storing and providing access to personal information – as well as how to respond to complaints and breaches.
After attending the webinar, you’ll be better placed to:
- Understand which privacy laws may apply to your organisation
- Know some systems to put in place to manage personal information
- Consider how to legally collect, use, handle and store personal information
- Understand what the information rights are for individuals – access and correction
- Know how to respond to a data breach.