Webinar: Prevention of Violence Against Women in Queensland Conference
You and your networks are invited to join Ending Violence against Women Queensland (EVAWQ) and Our Watch at a Conference on Preventing Violence Against Women in Queensland on Thursday, 13 May.
In Queensland, many positive steps have been made towards preventing violence against women, but there is still much to do. This is an opportunity for the sector to consolidate progress, build knowledge and skills, and collaborate on working together into the future.
Part one – Thursday, 13 May from 10:00am to 12:00pm
Journalist Kay McGrath (DFV Prevention Council Chair) will MC this webinar and provide you with an opportunity to hear about:
- the evidence underpinning primary prevention approaches in Australia
- opportunities for action in the Queensland context
- examples of promising practice.
Part two – Thursday, 13 May from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
With MC Caroline Lambert, hear about:
- Connecting Queensland stakeholders working on or interested in primary prevention and gender equality.
- Opportunities for the sector to share opportunities, create partnerships and identify areas of need.
This event is part of the National Primary Prevention Hub, led by Our Watch, which supports information-sharing, enables connection and collaboration, and facilitates coordination among organisations designing and delivering primary prevention policies, programs and campaigns.
To ensure attendance from across the state the conference is free and virtual, organisers request that participation in the afternoon discussion forum is limited to 4 people per organisation due to logistics.