Webinar: In conflict? How to transform conflict using futures methods
National Disability Services (NDS) invites you to participate in the second webinar in the NDS Futures Thinking Series, In Conflict? How to Transform Conflict using Futures Methods, with Professor Ivana Milojević.
The COVID-19 health pandemic has created more potential sources of conflict for providers of services to grapple with and resolve. In times of high uncertainty, rapid change and complexity, we can anticipate an increase in intrapersonal (inner) and interpersonal conflicts. How well we manage these will significantly shape the futures that others and we experience.
There has never been a more important time than now to cultivate greater capabilities in identifying and responding skilfully and mindfully to conflicts, as individual leaders, as organisations and as a sector. In this important live webinar, Professor Ivana Milojević will present on this challenging area and cover:
- The why and how of conflict, including how conflicts arise, escalate and what can we do to transform conflict;
- How we can constructively use the past and the future to resolve conflicts, rather than framing them;
- Leading participants through a process to transform their own unique conflict (or conflicts participants have observed);
- Using futures methods to understand, frame and re-frame the existing conflict, deescalate, minimise or transform it; and
- Guidelines into conflict prevention as well as post-conflict repair and recovery.
When: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 10.30am – 12.00pm
Location: Online (Zoom)