Updates and upcoming changes to the Human Services Quality Framework
A number of changes to key documents in the Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) are coming in the next few weeks, including Version 7.0 of the Framework, as well as a revised Version Control register and ancillary documents. We will update you as soon as those documents are available.
The Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (DCDSS) has also advised us of some other immediate changes:
Funding increases to assist with certification costs
– From 2020-21, eligible organisations that receive up to $3 million in funding for services in-scope of certification from DCDSS and/or Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (DCSYW) will receive an increase in annual funding to assist them to meet the costs of certification.
– Under this new, improved approach, organisations will have funding upfront to meet certification costs and will not need to wait for a one-off audit costs assistance grant.
– Further information, including eligibility criteria, is available in the HSQF Quality Audit Financial Contributions factsheet.
– 135 non-governmental organisations (NGOs) received notification about the funding increase on Thursday 17 September 2020.
Increase in lower funding threshold for demonstrating compliance
– To reduce administrative burden for small organisations, the lower funding threshold for demonstrating HSQF compliance has been increased from $24,000 up to $100,000 per annum.
– Organisations that receive DCDSS and/or DCSYW funding under this threshold will no longer be required to submit a self-assessment or accreditation under other standards.
– The new funding thresholds for 2020-21 are published on the Self-Assessable – Quality requirements and resources page.
– Departmental contract officers are in the process of advising the 38 NGOs that will be impacted by this change. These NGOs will no longer be required to complete a HSQF self-assessment or submit their accreditation under other standards.
Release of new and updated resources
The HSQF website is in the process of being updated, as follows:
– On the Certification – Quality requirements and resources page, a new HSQF Audit Participation Factsheet provides information for service users about participating in a HSQF audit.
– Additional information has been added to Certification – Quality requirements and resources about selecting a certification body and raising concerns about the certification process.
To be published in next few weeks:
– Quality Framework V7.0 and Quality Framework – Version Control Register and Log of Changes.
– HSQF User Guide – Certification V7.0 and Certification Version Control Register and Log of Changes and Self-Assessment Workbook – Certification.
Also planned for publication soon:
– New versions of self-assessment resources for self-assessable organisations.
QCOSS will provide the updated resources as they become available. You can also visit the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors HSQF portal.