Targeted Outreach Project helping more Queenslanders participate in the NDIS
Since early 2020, Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) has been working with the Assessment and Referral Team (ART) on the Targeted Outreach Project, supporting more Queenslanders with disability to get on the NDIS.
More than 2,100 potential NDIS participants have been referred to the ART team for eligibility assessment. So far this has resulted in almost 950 successful NDIS applications.
The project’s Phase 1 regions include Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett, Gympie, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay. As Commonwealth funding is time limited, from 23 April 2021 QDN and ART will no longer be accepting referrals from these regions. The teams will be moving into new regions to help others get on the NDIS.
If you know someone in those Phase 1 areas who:
- may be eligible for supports through the NDIS?
- might be vulnerable, isolated and needing support – especially in the current environment of COVID-19?
- needs extra help with getting their paperwork together for an NDIS Access Request?
- has applied to the NDIS and had their access request denied, but thinks the decision is wrong
- needs a functional assessment for their NDIS access request, but may not have the money to do this?
The Project’s Phase 2 regions currently include Townsville, Bundaberg, South and Central Queensland. Phase 3 of this work continues and will stretch across the regions of Cairns, Mackay and Mount Isa and the broader North Queensland region.
The teams will continue to rollout to other locations across Queensland during 2021 and 2022.
This project has been made available through a collaboration between the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments, Queenslanders with Disability Network, QCOSS, and ADA Australia.