Services Australia COVID-19 resources for community groups
Services Australia acknowledges that community groups play a big role in helping people in their community affected by COVID-19. They have produced a range of resources you can use when you’re helping people in your community affected by COVID-19.
You can download the COVID-19 eKit and use it to promote Services Australia services, such as income support payments, in your community.
In the eKit
You’ll find these useful resources:
- How we’re helping people affected by COVID-19 (Easy Read).
- If you already get a payment from us – what to do if you’re already getting one of our payments.
- If you need a payment – what to do if you’re not getting a payment.
- How to claim a payment poster – use this to promote the streamlined claim in the community.
- Talking points about our support for people affected by COVID-19 – to help you share information with the community.
- Information for Disability Support Pension (DSP) customers thinking about JobSeeker Payment (JSP) – tells DSP customers what they need to consider if they’re thinking about transferring to JSP.
- Information for Carer Payment (CP) customers thinking about JobSeeker Payment (JSP) – tells CP customers what they need to consider if they’re thinking about transferring to JSP.
- Information for families and separated parents.
- Family and domestic violence checklist – a guide for your conversations with clients affected by family and domestic violence.
People affected by COVID-19 can also listen to the Easy Read document. They can go to the Services Australia playlist on the SoundCloud website. There they’ll also find a range of audio content, including audio files in other languages.
If you need information in your language
If English is a second language, you can access translated publications about payments and services in up to 30 languages.
Watch a video
If you would prefer to watch video, check out the COVID-19 Support and Information YouTube playlist. It shows people how to claim a payment and manage their business with Services Australia. It also hosts videos from other Australian Government departments to help deal with COVID-19.