Services Australia: COVID-19 Financial Assistance
With COVID-19 case numbers increasing across Queensland it is anticipated that more individuals will find themselves having to serve a period of quarantine as a result of being a close contact.
- Services Australia customers should contact the agency if in severe financial hardship as a result of being directed into quarantine:
- Subject to eligibility criteria customers may able to receive a Crisis Payment: National Health Emergency payment
For more information visit the Services Australia website.
- Non–customers can apply for a Pandemic Leave Disaster payment if they meet the eligibility criteria (see below).
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
The Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is support for people who can’t go to work and earn an income because either they:
- have been personally directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health official
- are caring for someone who has COVID-19.
- Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is now available as a lump sum payment of $750 for a 7-day period. The payment was previously available for a 14-day period (at a rate of $1500).
- The changes to the payment align Australian Government support to recent changes to state and territory quarantine and isolation requirements for vaccinated people.
- If you are required to quarantine, self-isolate, or care for someone for a period longer than 7 days, you can claim the payment again.
- The person must be personally directed to isolate or quarantine by a health official, or is caring for someone who has to self-isolate or quarantine.
- People can’t get this payment if they decide to self-isolate without a health official directing them to.
- The person must have no suitable leave entitlements and is not getting an income support payment or Queensland Hardship Payment.
- Check the Services Australia website for the full eligibility rules before claiming.
How can people claim?
- Claim by calling 180 22 66.
- This line is open Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- For more information visit the Services Australia website.
- Services Australia