Register now: ACOSS Climate Campaign Webinar
Join community sector leaders and climate experts to discuss what your organisation can do to address climate change.
The Australian Council of Social Service is hosting a webinar to launch our campaign to build the capacity of the community sector to act on climate justice and urge the Federal government to commit to more ambitious emissions reduction target in line with limiting warming to 1.5C. The webinar will take place 1:00pm to 3:00pm on Monday, 12 July.
You will hear from experts on the science and human impacts of climate change and learn from community climate leaders whose organisations have taken action on the issue. ACOSS CEO Cassandra Goldie will share how community organisations can take part in the community sector push for climate justice in the lead-up to the November UN Climate Summit.
- Patricia Turner, CEO of National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Susie Moloney, Executive Director of the Centre for Just Places at Jesuit Social Services
- Gavin Dufty, Executive Manager Policy and Research at St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria
- Lyn Morgain, CEO of Oxfam Australia
- Professor Jeremy Moss, lead at UNSW Climate Justice Research Program
- Professor Lesley Hughes, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research at Macquarie University