Refreshed guidelines for Applying to the NDIS
The NDIS have refreshed the information in it’s Applying to the NDIS guide so it is easier to understand. It now includes clearer information about:
- How to apply and expected timeframes
- What evidence to provide, including proof of identity documents
- The NDIS eligibility criteria that are set out in the NDIS legislation
- How it makes eligibility decisions using your application, evidence and the eligibility criteria
- What can happen in urgent circumstances if a decision needs to be made quickly
- The transitional arrangements for Western Australia
- Early intervention for people aged between 0 and 25 with a hearing impairment
- Support for children younger than 7 with developmental delay from early childhood partners
- Our commitment to meeting Participant Service Guarantee timeframes.
This release is part of the NDIS’ commitment to making the Scheme more transparent and easier to understand. For more information about applying to the NDIS visit the NDIS Our Guidelines website.