Queensland Day to celebrate our diverse culture and history
This Queensland Day, on Monday, 6 June 2022, marks 163 years since Queensland separated from New South Wales to become an independent colony on 6 June 1859.
Commemorated annually, Queensland Day is an important celebration of our state’s culture and heritage and an opportunity to reflect on what Queensland means to you. It is an opportunity for businesses, community groups, organisations, schools, sporting teams and families to come together and share their state pride.
There will be many ways to get involved and celebrate Queensland’s birthday:
- host an activity to raise awareness of Queensland Day and encourage celebrations around 6 June
- host an event around Queensland Day in the workplace, school or home
- attend a Queensland Day Sponsorship Program event
- register events or promotions via the online Queensland Day calendar
- download the online resources available via the Queensland Day website, including Queensland-themed quizzes, games, photo props and novelty decorations
- share what Queensland means to you and what makes you proud to be a Queenslander using #QLDday on Facebook