Our Place Action Plan: Have your say
The Department of Housing is inviting you to have your say on a new four-year First Nations Housing and Homelessness Action Plan. The Queensland Government is working towards a future where First Nations peoples living in Queensland have a fair housing system.
The public consultation is open and underway on the Our Place Action Plan, and the Department want to hear from you.
We want to know:
- The housing challenges you face now
- How we can help your community
- What the new action plan should focus on.
You can have your say by completing the online survey, sending an organisational submission or attending a Yarning Circle near you.
Yarning Circles are taking place throughout the state during June and July:
- Bamaga – Monday, 10 July – 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Caboolture – Thursday, 29 June – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Cairns – Thursday, 29 June – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Inala, Brisbane – Wednesday, 28 June – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Mount Isa – Thursday, 6 July – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Poruma, Torres Strait – Wednesday, 12 July – 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Toowoomba – Monday, 3 July – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Townsville – Wednesday, 28 June – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Waiben (Thursday Island) – Tuesday, 11 July – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Queenslanders who need housing support can contact their local Housing Service Centre or call the 24/7 Homeless Hotline on 1800 474 753.