Nominate for the 2023 Queensland Volunteering Awards
The Queensland Volunteering Awards celebrate all Queensland volunteers and the immense impact they make on individuals, communities and the state.
All Queenslanders are encouraged to nominate those who shine bright in the volunteer roles, programs and organisations. Help Volunteering Queensland to highlight volunteers who dedicate themselves to helping others and spread the word about the positive impacts volunteering makes in the lives of individuals, groups, communities, and the environment.
Volunteering Queensland recognises that one of Queensland’s strengths is its diversity and the collective contribution of all its citizens. We welcome and encourage nominations from all members of our community.
Nominations are open now for the 2023 Awards in six categories:
- Volunteer of the Year Award – Presented in honour of an individual who has made an exemplary voluntary contribution and who through their volunteering has made a significant impact towards Queensland`s well-being.
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award – Presented in celebration of an individual aged between 16 and 30 years, who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to volunteering in Queensland and who through their volunteering has positively impacted the lives of others.
- Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award – Presented in honour of an individual who has made an exemplary life-long contribution to volunteering (15+ years) and who through their volunteering has contributed to the betterment of the community in Queensland.
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award – Presented in acknowledgement of an individual salaried or non-salaried volunteer manager who have demonstrated outstanding best practice in the management of volunteers and the delivery of volunteering programs.
- Community Volunteering Program Impact Award – Presented in recognition of a community volunteering program or activity that has made a positive, measurable and sustainable social and/or economic impact on the Queensland community.
- Corporate Volunteering Program Award – Presented in recognition of a for profit business that has made a positive contribution to the Queensland community through the impact of its employee volunteering program.
Nominations close at 5:00pm Monday, 6 February 2023. Find out more or nominate.