Information for tenants affected by the floods and storms in Queensland

When you rent a place to live in Queensland your tenancy agreement is covered by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.

Tenants Queensland has developed a fact sheet answering some frequently asked questions about what to do when your rented residential property floods.

Issues covered include:

  • If you want to leave
  • If the lessor wants you to leave
  • If you want to stay
  • Rent
  • Repairs
  • Cleaning due to flood damage
  • Bonds
  • Compensation
  • Further help

It is referring to residential tenancies, however most of the information also applies to rooming accommodation such as boarding houses.

Access the resource here at Tenant’s Queensland.