Grants: Women’s Leadership and Development Program
The Women’s Leadership and Development Program (WLDP) – Women in Public Office grant opportunity seeks non-partisan projects that support women across Australia to prepare for and enter public office, at all levels of government.
The Australian Government has committed $5 million over five years from 2022–23 to 2026–27, to fund organisations to equip and encourage more women across the political spectrum to run for public office at local, state and federal levels.
- be non-partisan
- complement or expand, and not duplicate, existing available programs of this type, including state government funded programs or other non-government, local programs
- be nationally available
- work with a diverse range of women, with appropriate cultural considerations.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be currently delivering programs/initiatives/resources that encourage and equip women to run for public office. These may include state government funded programs or other non-government, local programs
- clearly demonstrate that your proposed activities are non-partisan and accessible to women across the political spectrum
- meet other eligibility requirements listed in section 4.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Applications from consortia are strongly encouraged and will be prioritised to ensure the objectives of the grant opportunity can be met effectively and efficiently.
Applications are open now, closing on Monday, 19 December 2022 at 5:00pm (AEDT). Find out more on GrantConnect.