Free webinar: Energy disconnection and hardship – understanding customers’ rights
Do you want to better understand your client’s rights if they are experiencing financial hardship and unable to pay energy bills?
Join QCOSS for a free webinar on 18 February from 12:30pm to 1:30pm to learn from three recent cases of energy retailers breaching their legal customer obligations across customer hardship and disconnections.
By understanding consumer protections in the context of real cases, improve your ability to support people with their bills and to confidently speak with energy retailers on behalf of your clients.
This webinar will be hosted by Wendy Miller, QCOSS Senior Advisor, Energy, and will feature five experts from the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) Compliance & Enforcement Branch team:
- Kris Abbott, Senior Investigator
- Laughlin Nicholls, Assistant Director
- Yifan Goa, Investigator
- Jay Lewis, Director
- Trang Nguyen, Director
Everyone is welcome to join this capacity development webinar.
You will find this particularly useful if:
- you provide any level of support to people with their energy bills and financial wellbeing
- lead a team or manage reporting/gather information e.g. in client management systems and decision makers
- work in consumer policy work areas, advocacy and particularly on matters of consumer protections