The Institute of Community Directors Australia (ICDA) is sharing a free 15-page policy template – produced with the assistance of it’s legal partner Moores – that will help you protect private information and meet your legal obligations.
This policy features best-practice processes for:
- data collection, use and disclosure
- data storage, destruction and de-identification
- data quality, security and retention
- openness about data, with measures for access and corrections
- proper use of “identifiers”, anonymity and third parties
The template is provided for general guidance only. Access the toolkit.