Financial literacy resources for women, non-binary and gender-diverse people
WIRE (Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc) is a free information, support and referral service run by women and non-binary people for women, non-binary and gender-diverse people.
The Women Talk Money website features videos, articles and quizzes that provide users with bite-sized chunks of information on topics such as talking about money with partners, gender and money, and recognising financial abuse. Women Talk Money also takes users through financial decisions that may arise through the different stages of life.
My money conversation kit
The My money conversation kit is designed to equip you with a better understanding of your current financial situation and the skills to safely and confidently achieve greater financial wellbeing.
The kit includes:
- My money organiser: a 36-page safe and handy place to put your financial information
- My money guide: a 20-page booklet on talking about money and where to find more infomraiton
- An eight-page how-to-booklet, including a checklist to help organise your financial life
The Money problems information booklet helps you explore:
- What is financial abuse?
- How did you get here?
- Getting back control of your money
- Ways your (ex-) partner can hide money from you
- Managing your money and debts