Fair Work Act changes: protecting worker entitlements
Some changes took effect on 1 July 2023. They include:
- changes to unpaid parental leave entitlements
- protections for migrant workers
- changes to the way enterprise agreements and workplace determinations interact.
Learn more at Fair Work Act changes: Protecting Worker Entitlements.
Other workplace changes will take effect later in December 2023 and January 2024, including:
- changes to authorised employee deductions
- the right to superannuation in the National Employment Standards
- long service leave entitlements changes for casual employees in the black coal mining industry.
In the meantime, access a summary from Fair Work Act changes: Protecting Worker Entitlements.
There are other workplace law changes starting from June 2023 until the end of the year. Upcoming workplace law changes affecting you.