Events: Solidarity – Safety, Justice, Wellbeing Symposium
By combining practice wisdom and research evidence, the Safety, Justice, Wellbeing series will create the space for practitioners to build on existing work and imagine new possibilities for collective, integrated and collaborative work. Whether you are already part of a collaborative process, or would like to be, this series will help you achieve your goals.
Following on from last year’s popular Daring, Inclusive, Feminist Leadership series, this series will provide opportunities for you to participate at a level that meets your needs and capacity. Symposiums delivered across 2022 will inspire your thinking and build your connections across the sector and beyond.
You can also choose to opt into a program of peer groups session which will build on the content delivered in the symposiums and may lead to further action learning opportunities, supported by WorkUP Queensland.
This is a flexible program that includes two core components:
- Symposiums: Covering three main topic areas, Safety, Justice and Wellbeing, the symposiums will consist of a keynote and then a panel discussion. Panel discussions will include a practitioner, an academic and case study relevant to the topic.
- Facilitated peer learning groups: Delving deeply into the themes of Safety, Wellbeing and Justice, peer groups can consist of members from within one organisation or be cross-sectoral.
To get the best out of this program we encourage people to engage in both components. The peer learning groups will scaffold learning from the symposiums, so it is essential to also participate in the three symposiums if you wish to join the peer learning groups.
- Symposium 1: Safety – Held 30 March 2022 (Online)
- Symposium 2: Justice – 8 June 2022 (Face to Face – Venue TBA)
- Symposium 3: Wellbeing – 14 September 2022 (TBA)
Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm AEST (All symposiums)
Price: $66 – $330