Events: Energy advocate essentials – tariff reform training
The Australian Energy Regulator and Energy Consumers Australia are operating three training sessions designed to increase your understanding of energy tariffs.
Experienced consumer advocates will join the discussion to share their expertise with consumer advocates who are new to tariff reforms and regulatory processes. It will be a great opportunity to learn more about tariffs and meet other consumer advocates.
- Session 1: Introduction to regulatory processes, tariffs, and the role of consumer advocates – Tuesday, 29 March 11:00am to 12:30pm (AEDT)
- Session 2: Network tariffs, developments in the energy sector and challenges around consumer behaviour – Wednesday, 13 April 10:30am to 12:00pm (AEST)
- Session 3: Future network tariff structures, challenges and collaborative solutions – 4 May 10:00am to 11:30am (AEST)
Sessions will combine key topic presentations, discussion panels and case-study analysis.
By the end of session 3, you will have a good understanding of:
- the role of the AER in approving network tariffs
- what a tariff is and how tariffs are designed
- tariff reforms and the consumer advocate’s role
- developments in the energy sector and how they affect tariff reform
- future network tariff structures, challenges and ways to address.