Do you need help to join the NDIS?
The Assessment and Referral Team (ART) works directly with individuals to support them to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
It can help throughout the entire access process from start to finish. This includes preparing and collecting documentation and, where required, arranging a specialised assessment.
ART can help if you are a person with disability, aged 7 to 65, and need support services. It encourages you to make contact if you are:
- living in regional or remote areas
- leaving, or have left, school in 2019, 2020 or 2021
- attending a special school
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- in youth detention
- an adult subject to supervision by Community Corrections
- leaving the criminal justice system.
Parents and families seeking support for children under 7 can contact their NDIS Early Childhood Partner. They will tailor support to your child’s individual needs and circumstances, and can help you to request access to the NDIS if your child requires longer-term supports.