COVID-19 vaccine: Resources and information for disability providers
The COVID-19 vaccination program was rolled out to a small number of disability residential accommodation sites last week.
The Department of Health is seeking feedback from the disability providers where the vaccinations occurred to ensure lessons learnt are incorporated and continuous improvement is part of the roll-out.
Consultations with key stakeholders were also held last week to assist the Department of Health to inform the Phase 1a roll-out to the disability sector over the coming weeks.
Disability Provider COVID-19 Vaccine Readiness Toolkit
The Department of Health has published a toolkit to support disability providers to get ready for the vaccine. The toolkit includes:
- Information on what to expect on COVID-19 vaccination day at your disability residential accommodation (information for people with disability, families and carers)
- Checklist for planning and delivering vaccinations
- Information on roles and responsibilities for COVID-19 vaccination at disability residential accommodation sites
- Information on site readiness requirements for vaccination sites
- Consent guidance material
Vaccine Eligibility Checker
The Department of Health has developed an online tool to assist people to understand the phased rollout – access it here.
The Department of Health is aware that many people, including disability providers, may still have questions about the specific details around priority groups. The Department is working hard to clarify these details as soon as possible.
Australian Government, along with state and territory government helplines have information on how people with disability can access the vaccine when it becomes available.
Call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080, and ask for an interpreter if needed.
Visit the Department of Health’s Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines webpage, or the Queensland Government’s portal here.