COVID-19 updates for Queensland disability providers
NDS invites Disability Service Providers to hear directly from leading professionals from Queensland Health, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and peak bodies regarding the evolving pandemic requirements for this sector.
Contained within three 90 minute meetings on Tuesday 1, Wednesday 2 and Thursday 3 September (2:00pm to 3:30pm) these updates will provide essential preparedness information on:
- Public Health Directions, essential visitors and border restrictions
- Rapid response and outbreak management planning
- Testing considerations, infection control and PPE requirements
- Rights and responsibilities and person-centered emergency preparedness
- Positive behavioural support and
- Implications for workforce
Register for your selected session
Session 1: Tuesday 1 September register here
Learn information and ask questions regarding: Current public health directions and the disability sector, defining essential visitors, border restrictions, rapid response plans and COVID-19 testing.
Session 2: Wednesday 2 September register here
Learn information and ask questions regarding: Infection control and PPE, provider’s responsibilities, positive behavioural support considerations and the experiences of providers in Victoria as they navigate service provision during a second wave.
Session 3: Thursday 3 September register here
Learn information and ask questions regarding: Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services pandemic responses, short term approvals and restrictive practices, person-centred emergency preparedness, workforce impacts and planning.
Meeting sessions to feature guests including:
- Queensland Chief Health Officer, Dr Jeannette Young
- Senior Director of Queensland Health, David Harmer
- Executive Director Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, Donna Lockyer
- Assistant Director-General Disability Connect Queensland, Max Wise
- State Director NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, Fran Vicary
- Acting NDS of Victoria State Manager Sarah Fordyce
- Queensland Health Infection Control professionals
- Representatives from QDN
Time: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Location: Online (Zoom meeting)