COVID-19: Lessons and learnings from our Victorian friends
What can we learn from our colleagues in Victoria from the COVID lockdown?
Victoria has just emerged from a sixteen-week lockdown which has seen COVID-19 numbers fall from more than 700 new infections per day, to zero. This public health achievement placed considerable pressure and cost on frontline community organisations.
In this virtual webinar on Wednesday 2 December, QCOSS brings together representatives of the Victorian social service sector to reflect on the recent COVID-19 lockdown and what it meant for staff and client support.
Event panelists will share their learnings on a wide range of issues, including:
- Challenges in delivering services during the lockdown for different client groups
- Reflections on what worked and what did not, especially in the context of counselling and support services for young people, families and CALD communities
- Lessons for future pandemics and disasters
Guest speakers include:
- Chris Christoforou, Executive Officer, Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria
- Mel Thompson, Executive Manager Clinical Services, TaskForce
- Brooke McKail, Manager Policy and Research, VCOSS