Court Network telephone service
In response to COVID-19, the Queensland Courts Court Network is providing a Court Network Telephone Service to replace their face to face Networker Model.
The Court Network Telephone Service provides free, confidential support, information and referral for all court users (victims, witnesses, accused, family and friends) during business hours Monday to Friday.
The Service is staffed by volunteers and the new toll-free number is: 1800 571 239. The service will assist with similar queries as the face to face system such as:
- Provide support and information about what happens before, during or after court
- Explain how the courts and legal systems operate
- Inform court users about how to best contact various courts and tribunals
- Assist court users to get the help they need to address their safety issues
- Help to arrange access to a secure room if required
- Provide court users with up to date information on new arrangements for court since the COVID-19
- Provide court users with referrals to legal services in your area
- Refer court users to services to assist them to fill out and submit orders and paperwork
- Talk to court users on their day of court either before or after their matter has been heard
- Help court users to understand the next steps that they might have to take
- Refer court users to an appropriate service that could assist them with issues such as housing, domestic violence and mental health.
Find out more about the Court Network Volunteer Service and the new telephone support service.