Celebrating Multicultural Queensland program grants now open
The 2023-24 Celebrating Multicultural Queensland (CMQ) program’s project funding round is now open!
The CMQ program, in alignment with the Multicultural Queensland Charter, promotes:
- Queensland’s multicultural identity;
- intercultural connections and community participation;
- increased understanding between culturally diverse groups;
- increased opportunities to support the economic and social aspirations of people from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- increased community capacity to address emerging issues and foster access to services; and/or
- increased engagement of general community groups in connecting and welcoming people from culturally diverse backgrounds into a wide range of community activities.
Project funding is available under two categories: Economic and Social Participation and Youth and Community Connection.
Changes have been made to the 2023-24 Economic and Social Participation category with one-off funding increasing to $50,000 and projects being able to be delivered across a two year period.The two categories for project funding are Economic and Social Participation Projects and Youth and Community Connection Projects.
Eligibility criteria apply. View the guidelines and information on how to apply here. Applications close Sunday, 12 November 2023.