ART helping to increase NDIS participation for at risk children and young people
A new Queensland Government investment will enable the Assessment and Referral Team (ART) to work alongside children, young people and their guardians and families to assist them to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Over the next 12 months, ART’s renewed focus will support children and young people aged 7-25 years who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- identify as First Nations, LGBTQIA+ and culturally or linguistically diverse
- engaged in, or at risk of entering the justice or child safety systems
- disengaged from education or transitioning from school
- experiencing, or at risk of, domestic and family violence, harm, homelessness or social isolation
- living in regional, rural and remote communities.
ART will help potential NDIS participants to prepare, collate and submit their NDIS application. This includes support in preparing and collecting documentation and arranging specialised assessments, through to lodging completed forms.
To connect someone you know to ART, phone 1800 569 040 or visit the online hub to learn more about making a referral.