Future IT needs
Use this worksheet for the identification of the information management goals and Future IT Needs (Word 41 kB) of the organisation
Assessing the current IT systems
Individual worker workplace-needs assessment
Individual workers can use this form to think through the detail of their IT usage and what they would like to be different to make their job easier and more productive.
Use this worksheet for an assessment of the current system and staff needs from the individual worker perspective - Individual worker workplace-needs assessment (Word 108 kB)
Current IT system analysis
Consider which aspects of your current IT system are working well for your organisation and which are not. List all the components of your IT system in the column headed 'Components of current IT system'. In the next column, indicate whether you need to make a change to this element:
- Is it out of date, not working, not needed, or incompatible with your goals?
- What hardware and software is obsolete?
- Are there any specific issues with your Internet connection?
- How are repairs and maintenance done, and what is the support available?
- Do you have an effective network and website?
Now think about how the IT system you have in place now will cope in the future:
- What policy and practice issues may arise in meeting your IT goals?
- Are your current equipment (hardware) and programs (software) compatible with what you hope to do?
- How many people will be using the equipment now and in 3-5 years, and where will they be located?
- Do you need a network?
- Do you need remote access?
- What training and support will be needed?
Use this worksheet for an assessment of the current IT system from the overall system perspective - Current IT System Analysis (Word 45 kB)
IT development and resource plan
Use this worksheet for an IT development plan (Word 49 kB) format with a budget and resource plan.