COVID-19 information for service providers
Housing and Homelessness Providers
Social and public housing tenants
Department of Housing customers are encouraged to contact their local Housing Service Centre by telephone and adhere to Queensland Health advice. Housing help is available for people who need it. Anyone experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness can call the 24/7 Homeless Hotline on 1800 474 753, or their local Housing Service Centre (HSC), where trained staff are available to assist.
Disability and aged care providers
General information and latest advice
For information about support available to providers, please visit NDIS Information and support.
For information about payments that might be available and billing, please visit NDIS payments and billing.
- Australian Government: Latest news and information for Disability providers
- Australian Government: Latest news and information for Aged Care providers
Personal and Protective Equipment (PPE) updates
Disability Accommodation Services in Queensland
Disability Gateway service
The Disability Gateway provides information and referrals for people with disability who need help because of coronavirus (COVID-19). The Helpline can help families, carers and support workers, too. The Disability Gateway is free, private and fact-checked.
- Phone (free call): 1800 643 787
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677
- If you require support in another language, you can use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) free of charge by:
calling the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787 and asking for an interpreter, or
- calling TIS on 131 450 and ask to be connected to the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787.
When you call the Helpline, you will speak to a person who will:
- listen carefully to you
- use their connections to find things out, check the facts, and get information for you
- transfer you to services that can help you
- transfer you to a phone counsellor for emotional support, if you would like
- give you clear and accessible information.
The Disability Gateway is funded by the Australian Government. The Disability Gateway is available Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm (AEST). It is not available on national public holidays.
COVID-19 kit for support coordinators
The Growing Space and other support coordination providers have developed an online COVID-19 kit for Support Coordinators.
The free downloadable resource contains a range of useful checklists, contacts and templates for support coordinators to help NDIS participants, their families and carers manage risks associated with COVID-19.