COVID-19 information for clients

In this section we’ve included information and resources that you might need to help your clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes where to find out more about what government support is available, essential services and what to do if clients can’t pay their bills, emergency relief, domestic and family violence supports, housing and health and wellbeing resources.

Young woman with glasses and bright multicoloured hair.

Accessing free Rapid Antigen Tests

You can now access free rapid antigen tests (RATs) if you hold an eligible Commonwealth concession card:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Department of Veteran’s Affairs Gold, White or Orange Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Low Income Health Card
  • Pensioner Concession Card.

You can access up to 10 RATs over a 3 month period (max 5 over a 1 month period) through community pharmacies.

Learn more.

Income support during COVID-19

Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment

The Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is a lump sum payment to help you during the time you can’t work and earn income because you have to:

  • self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19
  • you’re caring for someone who has to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19.

From Monday 10 January 2022, both Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) results will be accepted as proof of infection. You’ll need to have either:

  • advice of a positive test from a testing clinic or health professional
  • evidence you’ve registered a positive result from a home-administered RAT with your state health authority.

Visit the Services Australia website for full details.

JobSeeker claims

The JobSeeker line is 132 850 or find out more on how to claim JobSeeker online.

Clients not eligible for Medicare

You can get tested free of charge at any of the Queensland Health operated testing clinics listed here if you meet the requirements. From 7 March 2022, you may be charged for COVID-19 tests undertaken at Private Pathology-operated clinics. Find out more about cost of testing.

Emergency relief


Find help near you. Search more than 58,000 Queensland family community services at oneplace.

Department of Social Services

The Department of Social Services provides a search function to find your nearest emergency relief provider.

Queenslanders who can’t earn an income because they must self-isolate or quarantine, or are caring for someone with COVID-19, can access support with a $1,500 Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment. Find out more here.

Access Community Services Emergency Relief

Access Emergency Relief is open to anyone living in Queensland, regardless of visa status or citizenship.

The helpline is able to provide vouchers for various supermarkets, Caltex and payment of any bills in your name. This can all be done over the phone, with vouchers sent via text or email.

Call 07 3412 8222 between 1:00pm to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday to speak to a staff member.

National Debt Helpline – 1800 007 007

The National Debt Helpline can provide free advice over the phone and, if necessary, refer you to a financial counsellor. A financial counsellor may assess your financial situation, give advice, directly advocate with financial and utility companies, SPER, Buy Now Pay Later companies (including payday lenders) and consumer lease companies, and give general advice options.

Household relief loans without interest

Good Shepherd, in collaboration with the Australian Government, is providing no interest loans up to $3,000 towards rent and utilities for eligible people who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. Find out more about household relief loans without interest.

Housing concerns

Tenants impacted by COVID-19

The Queensland Government has implemented a range of measures to better protect tenants and landlords impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Protections that continue to apply until 30 April 2022 include:

  • protections for tenants against being listed in a tenancy database for rent arrears caused by COVID-19 impacts
  • limits on re-letting costs for eligible tenants who end their fixed term tenancies early
  • short term tenancy statement extensions for moveable dwellings.

Find out more on the Residential rental hub.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) Queensland

For dispute resolution, bond management and tenancy information including tenancy variation forms, visit the RTA website, or call them on 1300 366 311 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm) or contact the SSQ COVID hotline on 134 268 43.

Tenants Queensland

For information for tenants during the COVID-19 pandemic visit the Tenants Queensland website or call 1300 744 263.

Tenants Queensland has developed fact sheets to provide information about common issues for tenants affected by COVID-19 including: Information for tenants affected by COVID-19, Information for sharehouse tenants affected by COVID-19, Information for international students affected by COVID-19, and When violence affects your tenancy.


For free independent advice and referral services visit the QSTARS website or phone 1300 744 263.

Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy

For housing assistance call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or search Housing Service Centre online to contact you nearest Housing Service Centre for housing help.

Public housing tenants can download the Tenant Assist Qld app for online self-service. Bond loan and rental grant customers, and those looking for information about housing services can download the Housing Assist Qld app to access services online. Find out more about these apps.

Related Updates

See All
First Nations voices heard
Palladium Challenge Fund opportunities: Measuring the value of nature and Jobs for refugees
NDIS: Join the Winter Relief Workforce