Good managers will realise that conflict and disputes are part of a healthy organisation. However, good managers will also adopt some of the following practices in order to avoid potential and unnecessary conflict:
- Conducting conflict resolution workshops
- Re-arranging hours and shifts
- Job sharing
- Making use of volunteers
- Planning sessions to clarify aims and directions and delegating tasks to various staff members
- Meditation or relaxation
- Offering time off in lieu within one week of accruing it
- Conducting regular assessments and reviews
- Carrying out regular and structured evaluations
- Preparing an induction package for new workers
- Encouraging peer review at every level
- Allowing views to be expressed and listening to those views
- Creating private, clean and quiet work spaces
- Giving continual support and encouragement
- Regularly reviewing organisational aims and objectives
Your search yielded no results
There may not be any content with your search criteria.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.