Relationships Australia Queensland are running a free workshop for parents of multicultural backgrounds to provide support and increase confidence to raise competent children, and connect families with other parents in a safe and supportive learning environment.
The course will cover:
- Why cultural practices and beliefs are important and how parents and carers can pass them on to their children
- Highlight different cultural values of ethnic groups and the Australian values
- Reducing conflict in the family by promoting harmony
- Help to understand the social services and educational system in Australia
- Australian laws on domestic and family violence and ensuring safe child rearing methods
- Help and resources for parents to provide security and safety for their families
When: Friday 30 August 2019, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Where: Logan Central Library, The Lounge - 26 Wilbur Street, Logan Central 4114
Spaces are limited. To book, please contact Dee Lim at 1300 364 277, or email Relationships Australia Queensland.