Volunteering Queensland is running two professional development training workshops on 30 October.
The first workshop is Risk Management in Events and Projects which is focused specifically at the risks associated with conducting events, whether they are small internal activities or large community based events.
The workshop will address the areas of legal compliance and responsibilities and risk management processes from identification, management, monitoring and reviewing.
The second workshop is an introduction to good practice in recruiting, inducting, supporting and developing volunteers within your organisation.
The workshop will cover:
- Current trends in volunteering
- Legal context and considerations
- Getting a good fit for your organisation and the volunteer
- Recruitment and induction
- Retention and recognition practices
- Explore case studies to assist in understanding the responsibilities around recruiting and maintaining a volunteer workforce.
Where: Wynnum Community Centre, 105 Florence St, Wynnum
When: 30 October 2018 - Risk Management in Events and Projects - 9am - 11:30am
Volunteer Recruitment and Retention - 12:45pm - 4pm