Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS), in conjunction with the Queensland Accessing Interpreters Working Group (QAIWG), hosted a webinar to assist organisations to manage access to interpreters for clients with difficulty communicating in English.
The webinar covered:
- Why an organisation might need a policy for the engagement of interpreters and for working with interpreters?
- What is interpreting? What is a credentialed interpreter? How do you know when an interpreter is required?
- Engaging and working with an interpreter: best practice
- Access to funding for engaging an interpreter
- Using bicultural/bilingual support workers effectively.
You can watch a recording of the webinar.