This one-day seminar, which was developed with Curtin University, is designed to introduce financial and managerial staff, operating in a not-for-profit association or company, to the basic concepts of finance within the new environment of the NDIS. It will include elements relating to the remaining state-based systems (where appropriate), the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commision (ACNC) and other regulatory bodies.
Costing and pricing is a key area for providers to improve their business practices in the new NDIS environment. The course was developed with Curtin Univeristy NFP Initiative as a practical and integrated Costing and Pricing Learning Program.
The seminar will focus on practical elements, drawing from both NFP and commercial background, and will cover costing practice and pricing.
After participating in this seminar, attendees should be able to:
- understand Activity Based Costing and why it is used in the costing and pricing of disability services under individualised funding arrangements
- understand the key decisions that need to be made prior to commencing costing and pricing
- develop parameters of costing and pricing
- appreciate the source of costing and pricing information
- understand some of the governance arrangements that need to be considered when undertaking costing and pricing.
Who should attend: Executive managers, finance managers, operations managers
Where: Kedron-Wavell Service Club, Long Tan Room, Chermside
When: 14 February 2019, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost: Members - $120, Non-members - $135