Thursday, 15 March 2018 - 7:00am
The Queensland Age-friendly Report Card 2016-17 has been released which highlights some of the key deliverables from the Queensland: an age-friendly community action plan 2016-17.
The highlights include:
- The launch of the Advancing Queensland: an age-friendly community grants program
- 200,000 Seniors Card +go issued
- More than $3.3 million investment in programs for seniors to prevent and overcome social isolation
- Access by 30,479 mature aged people to training to secure a job and advance their career
- Participation by 9,538 seniors to free Tach Savvy Seniors training sessions