QCOSS has just completed the first of two rounds of workshops in Mitchelton (Brisbane North), South Brisbane (Brisbane South), and Inala (Brisbane South West) engaging with service providers to establish Local Level Alliances in preparation for the roll out of Child and Family Connect funding (formerly Community Based Intake and Referral). The purpose of the Local Level Alliances is to establish or strengthen connections between local services that are involved in working with vulnerable families to ensure families receive the right services at the right time.
The alliances will have core functions around:
- contributing to the development of ‘local family support’ needs plans;
- facilitating service system integration;
- developing and implementing responses that strengthen service integration;
- supporting learning and innovation; and
- working with the Child and Family Governance Committee to guide service planning and inform regional priorities.
The second round of workshops will be completed by early May and the Alliances will be ready to go by the end of June. For more information on the workshops, contact Valmae Rose on 0417 300 146.
Network Spaces have been created for each of the Local Level Alliances: