Brisbane City Council supports community, social enterprise and not-for-profit organisations by providing access to free professional advice to assist with their growth and sustainability.
It established the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance in 2013 to provide pro bono high-level advice on organisational sustainability, development and infrastructure issues that may be relevant to these organisations.
The Alliance is made up of experienced industry professionals from a range of disciplines, including accounting, architecture, engineering, legal, marketing and communications, social sector and town planning.
It matches organisations with appropriate professionals to provide the best possible preliminary advice.
The Alliance can provide free expert advice to community, social enterprise and not-for-profit organisations on the following matters:
- business planning and strategy
- organisational governance
- legal and insurance
- development opportunities, legislation and the application process
- issues of sustainability including declining membership and governance
- identifying opportunities for collaboration
- current issues and trends for not-for-profits in the planning, building and development industry
Any community or not-for-profit organisation or social enterprise in the Brisbane Local Government Area can apply to the Alliance, regardless of how long you have been operating. Examples of eligible groups include sporting clubs, cultural groups and creative and social service providers.
To find out more about the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance go to the website or to book an appointment phone on 3403 8888 or email [email protected]