Children thrive when all the adults around them are committed to creating safe nurturing environments. Learn more about the role you can play in keeping children safe, while developing practical strategies and boosting your CV.
NAPCAN is supported by the Queensland Government to run free workshops throughout Queensland to help prevent child abuse and neglect. During the first part of 2019 workshops are scheduled for the following locations.
- Palm Beach
Workshops are open to anyone who works or volunteers with children or young people, and it is recommended that as many people as possible attend BOTH workshops.
A brief overview:
Workshop 1: Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention / Mandatory Reporting - topics covered:
- Prevention strategies and practices
- Definitions, indicators, and risk and protective factors
- Legislative reporting requirements, as well as how to support families to help them thrive
- Responding to early indicators of harm and family needs
- Responding to disclosures of child abuse and neglect
Workshop 2: Creating Child Safe Organisations - topics covered:
- Background of child safe organisation development including outcomes of the Royal Commission
- Establishing a child safe culture
- Child inclusive practice including practical examples
- How to create child safe and friendly environments
- Key elements of a child safe organisation
To find out more or to book a place at a workshop please visit the NAPCAN website.