Specialist domestic and family violence service managers and staff are warmly invited to attend a regional forum introducing the new Queensland domestic and family violence workforce service.
The new service was announced by the Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence in May, in response to the significant workforce challenges facing the sector. It will be run by The Healing Foundation in partnership with Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS).
The forums will be an opportunity to:
- hear about key features of the service and shape its agenda
- discuss current workforce issues, and challenges and opportunities over the next five years
- consider the best ways for the service to deliver local and statewide workforce solutions
- decide how you would like to be involved with this new initiative
- Cairns - Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park - Friday 12 July, 9am-1pm
- North Lakes - TBC - Tuesday 16 July, 12pm-4pm
- Rockhampton - Dreamtime Cultural Centre - Tuesday 23 July, 1pm-5pm
- Toowoomba - City Golf Club - Wednesday 24 July, 10am-2pm
- Beenleigh - Beenleigh Events Centre - Tuesday 30 July, 10am-2pm
Please RSVP at this link. Alternatively you can email this address, including the following information for each person attending: name, organisation, service location (suburb), email address, phone number and any dietary requirements, along with the location of the forum you’re attending (e.g. Cairns).