The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland Grants Program funds initiatives that celebrate and promote Queensland’s multicultural identity, increase community awareness of benefits of multiculturalism, foster community cohesion, and support equal access to opportunities by people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
In 2017-18 total funding of $1 million will be allocated to diverse multicultural events and projects across Queensland through two separate grants rounds:
- Multicultural Events - open now until 29 August 2017
- Multicultural Projects - opening later in 2017.
Through planning and delivery of diverse cultural and multicultural events, community groups (including diverse cultural groups), local councils and non-government organisations will develop practical strategies to:
- enhance appreciation and recognition of diverse cultures in Queensland
- promote community awareness about the benefits of multiculturalism
- foster positive interaction and cohesion across diverse cultural groups and the wider community
- facilitate increased understanding and intercultural connections between diverse cultural groups.
Who is eligible to apply?
Community groups, non-government organisations and local government councils that involve or support migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds can apply for funding.
To be eligible to apply for funding, the applicant must:
- be a not‑for‑profit or charitable organisation
- be a legally constituted entity (e.g. incorporated Association, Company or Trust)
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), or complete a Statement by Supplier form, or hold an exemption from registration
- hold current public liability insurance to the value of not less than $10 million, or provide evidence of plans to obtain insurance to the value of not less than $10 million, and are responsible for ensuring this insurance covers the full term of the event.
To find out more and how to apply for funding go to the Queensland Government website.