The Department of Health strategic plan 2016-2020 is a core planning document for the department.
It outlines the department's strategies for supporting the health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders.
The Department of Health's role includes:
- providing strategic leadership and direction for health through the development of policies, legislation and regulations
- developing statewide plans for health services, workforce and major capital investment
- managing major capital works for public sector health service facilities
- purchasing health service delivery
- supporting and monitoring the quality of health service delivery
- delivering specialised health services, providing ambulance, health information and communication technology and statewide health support services.
The Department of Health strategic plan 2016–2020 is a core planning document for the department.
To find out more about health reforms in Queensland go to the Queensland Health website.