Domestic and Family Violence site hosted by Queensland Government - information, services and support for people impacted by domestic and family violence.
dvconnect provides free help for women, men, children and pets affected by domestic and family violence across Queensland. Their 24 hour telephone service provides information, telephone counselling and referral to refuges for women and their children who are in danger.
- Phone: 1800 811 811
Brisbane Domestic Violence Advocacy Service (BDVAS) is a community based organisation that provides a free and confidential advocacy and support service for women, children, family members and individuals affected by domestic and family violence in the Brisbane Metropolitan area.
- Phone: 07 3217 2544
Sexual Assault Helpline is a statewide Sexual assault line offering telephone supoort and counselling to anyone who has been sexually assaulted or abused, and anyone who is concerned or suspects someone they care about may have been assaulted or abused.
- Phone: 1800 010 120
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services The DVconnect website has a directory of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services; and information about working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse women The DVconnect website has information about assisting women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including links to interpreters services; context and support.
Many utility and financial service companies now have specific policies and sometimes special teams for customers experiencing domestic and family violence, including financial abuse. Service providers and hardship teams are required to maintain discretion, and are often trained to work with vulnerable clients.
- National Australia Bank - Financial abuse and keeping your banking safe
- Commonwealth Bank - Domestic and family violence assistance program. Access the program by calling 1800 222 387 between 8:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney/Melbourne time). This is a confidential service run by independent, specialist trauma counsellors.
- Westpac Bank - Westpac has a specialist Priority Assist team who can help customers manage their finances during difficult circumstances - 1800 063 509
- Telstra - Telstra and Wesnet have partnered to create the Safe Connections program.
- Vodaphone - Assisting you if you're experiencing domestic and family violence.