People with disability, their families and carers can learn more about the NDIS and make the most of the opportunities it will bring. You can:
- check the NDIS online Queensland events calendar
- contact your NDIS Partner in Community delivering Local Area Coordination (LAC) services in your area
- visit the NDIS website for questions and answers and a range of fact sheets
- contact the Queenslanders with Disability Network for help if you are experiencing additional challenges engaging with the NDIS. Their Getting on the NDIS Grid project and peer-to-peer advocacy can help people with disability navigate the NDIS access process.
There are also a range of online resources:
- AMPARO Advocacy NDIS fact sheets available in 33 languages
- Community Resource Unit online resource Bringing the Good Life to Life
- Deaf Services Queensland NDIS information and interpreting
- Endeavour Foundation NDIS resources
- Toolkit for General Practitioners to help GPs understand their role in the NDIS
- Connections Inc resources including videos, preplanning picture cards and a suite of resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability
- The Multilingual Disability Hub provides accessible information on disability and the NDIS in a range of languages.