Affordable access to a safe, secure and reliable water supply is fundamental to support households to maintain an adequate standard of living.
However, water costs and consumer protections vary significantly across the state. Households have different rights and protections in relation to water depending on where they live, who their water provider is, and whether they own or rent their home.
In this section you will find information to help you provide advice to clients who may be struggling with water costs. The information covers what to do if you or your client:
- Would like more information on water prices in Queensland
- Need help to read a water bill
- Can’t pay a water bill
- Have received a high water bill
- Want to know about rights as a tenant paying for water
- Have a complaint related to water
QCOSS has released water fact sheets which you can print to hand out to clients.
Your search yielded no results
There may not be any content with your search criteria.
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.