There are a number of resources to help you manage your money and tips on ways to save.
MoneySmart, by the Australian Government, provides free and impartial financial guidance and tools to help you manage your money.
Saver Plus – A matched savings product, offered by ANZ, which assists low income people to develop long term savings habits and reach their savings goals. This product is delivered through community organisations across Australia.
- Borrowing and credit tips for loans, credit cards, other types of credit such as interest-free deals and rent to buy, and information about credit reports and credit repair.
- Managing your money aims to get you in control of your money to help you achieve your goals.
- Explains how scams work, how to identify different scams and what to do if you have been scammed.
- Life events & you has tips on dealing with the ups and downs of life.
- Teaching provides a comprehensive strategy to develop consumer and financial literacy capabilities in young Australians.
AddsUP Savings Plan is a partnership between Good Shepherd Microfinance and NAB, that encourages no income loan scheme (NILS) and StepUP clients to develop positive, long-lasting savings habits. The AddsUP Savings Plan is offered at selected NILS and StepUP providers across Australia.
Good2GoNow program is coordinated by Good Shepherd Microfinance and The Good Guys. The Good Guys Commercial team will provide you with a centralised service for all your queries, quotes, orders and payments. Once an order is confirmed it will be sent to your local The Good Guys store who will contact your client to arrange delivery with them. This program offers a national buying solution to NILS and StepUP workers, whilst still providing clients with personalised service and product delivery from their local The Good Guys store. The NILS Buying Service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.